Saturday, August 3, 2013

What's wrong with the job world... a mom's perspective


We've all had that experience when we see this application of, "Oh this again." The job market these day boggles me a bit, I'm not going to lie. Well this post is all about those things that we read when looking for a job... The Job Descriptions. Sometime when you read them all you can say to yourself is, "Seriously, I'm just trying to find a job." I'm going to share with you somethings I've realized something over the last couple of months as I have applied for jobs. 

Reasons why people may not want to apply for a position example

A) Working requires "high energy, commitment and a competitive spirit." Seriously, who get's up in the morning and says, "I want to do this every morning!!!" No one. Unrealistic expectations from companies does not make a good work environment. Just saying.

B) "You'll work in a fast-paced environment filled with challenges and opportunities." I do this every day with my kiddo that does not mean I put on my application, "I am used to multi-tasking, running around and accomplishing 50 different things at once, along with dealing with a demanding and moody boss." So fast-paced and filled with challenges and opportunities is SO what I want to do every day at a job!!! No, no it is not. I go to a job to get away from my kiddo and the craziness of multi-tasking and balancing and running around. Why can't they label it a fun, friendly mostly relaxing environment that allows you the time require to accomplish a task successfully? Seriously, I'd jump on that job.

C) "You will be responsible for providing exceptional service to our customers." So what they are basically saying is that for $8 per/hour you have to deal with people being assholes to you. Dude, even hookers get paid better then this and that's their job title too.
 
D) Why is it that you have to create accounts to put in an application? Seriously, I don't need to manage 50,000 different accounts or unnecessary emails filling up my email. Because if you didn't know once you fill out an app for one job with one company or website they put you on there mailing list and you then get lots of email you may have not wanted filling up your inbox. 

E) "Provides customer engagement in positive and approachable manner." So you may not be a street walker, but you will be an aisle walker. Either way at the end of the day you'll go home with sore feet, a backache and a headache. And in a few months you'll probably go home with a "my job sucks" attitude. So my question is why don't they put this on their job descriptions? I mean they are in the business of sales so why aren't they selling me a job?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Powered by Blogger.

Ads

Take $15 off your $75 purchase with code 15DRS on DrSchollsShoes.com. Valid 9/4-9/11. Stride Rite MelissaAndDoug.com- Over 2,000 Unique and Exciting Toys for Children of All Ages! Click here! Free Shipping On Any Order Of $60 Or More! -- Sale Save 20% on Melissa & Doug Toys! Buy 3 & Get The 4th Play Food, Free! Now At GummyLump.com!

Download

Pinterest

Twitter

Featured Video

 

Links

Link Share Ad

LinkShare_180x150

Followers

 

Recent Posts

Templates by Nano Yulianto | CSS3 by David Walsh | Powered by {N}Code & Blogger